Ways to Give
Make a Gift Today
Make a tax-deductible online gift to help us Fight Alzheimer’s on every front.
Donate by Mail
To make a gift by make, send a check payable to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s at the following address:
PO Box 34565
Washington, DC 20043
UsAgainstAlzheimer's is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID number is 45-0672514.
For questions contact Anne Adams at email@example.com.
ACH/Wire Instruction for Cash Transfers
If you plan to transfer cash by wire or ACH, please contact Anne Adams for routing instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy and Transparency
Other things to consider before making your choice to give
- UsA2 has a Charity Navigator “Give With Confidence” rating of 100%, and a Guidestar Gold Seal for transparency.
- UsAgainstAlzheimer’s adheres to the Donor Bill of Rights. The bill was created by the American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
Financial support from our donors is critical to our mission. Individuals that take the extra step of making a monthly gift sustain our mission and provide reliable support necessary to.
To become a monthly donor to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, visit our online donation page to provide your credit card or bank information and the amount you would like to give (as little as $5 per month). Be sure to check the box indicating that you would like to make a monthly gift. Each month, our team will automatically process your gift and send gift receipt.
Will your employer match your gift? Many companies offer matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions or volunteer service by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, contact your Human Resources department.
Start A Fundraiser
You can create a fundraiser on Facebook to help UsAgainstAlzheimer’s and show your support for people living with Alzheimer’s and dementia and their caregivers. Fundraise for your birthday or anniversary, or to honor someone special. There is no cost to set up a Fundraising page, and 100% of the donations will benefit UsAgainstAlzheimer’s.
To set up a Facebook Fundraiser:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Once you are logged in, go to the UsAgainstAlzheimer’s page or simply search for UsAgainstAlzheimer’s.
- Look for the Create a Fundraiser heading and click on “Raise Money”
- Fill in the basic information including a fundraising goal and share the story of why you are raising funds for UsAgainstAlzheimer’s a bit of your story.
- Invite your Facebook friends, share on your newsfeed and donate to your own fundraiser to get started.
Shop with Amazon Smile
AmazonSmile is a to support UsAgainstAlzheimer’s every time you shop with Amazon, at no additional cost. When you shop at smile.amazon.com you will find the same Amazon you know and love, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the eligible purchase price to the non-profit organization you choose.
To sign up for AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Search the charity listing and select UsAgainstAlzheimer’s
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
Creating a Legacy Through Planned Giving
Remembering UsAgainstAlzheimer’s in your will is a powerful way to leave a meaningful legacy for people living with Alzheimer’s and may also have tax benefits. You can also leave a legacy by naming UsAgainstAlzheimer’s as beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement plan (such as IRA or 401(k) plan). Of course, your personal financial situation is unique, so be sure to talk to your financial or legal advisor before making a bequest or creating a legacy. Please reach out to us at email@example.com to learn more.
The easiest way to make a bequest to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is through your will or living trust. You can list a specific dollar amount, a particular asset, such as securities or real estate, or leave a percentage of your estate, or the residual of your estate, after providing for loved ones.
Here is some recommended language for the most common kinds of bequests:
I give, devise, and bequeath to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, PO Box 34565, Washington, DC 20043, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal, for its general purposes.
Sample Bequest of Specific Amount or Asset: I give, devise, and bequeath to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s, PO Box 34565, Washington, DC 20043, the sum of $_____ (or a description of the specific asset) for it general purposes.
For sample language to include in your will or living trust, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retirement Plan Assets
Giving through an Individual Retirement Account or 401(k) plan is another easy way to create a legacy to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. Amounts remaining in retirement accounts are often subject to heavy taxes. By naming UsAgainstAlzheimer’s as the beneficiary of your retirement plan assets, you can make a tax-wise gift while supporting people living with Alzheimer’s.
You can create a legacy by naming UsAgainstAlzheimer’s as the beneficiary of all are part of a life insurance policy you may already own. All you need to do is contact your insurance provider for instructions on how to change your beneficiary designation.
Other Ways to Give
Gifts of Stock and Securities
Donating stock or securities is a great way to support Us2A while receiving potential tax benefits. You could earn a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of the publicly traded stock or securities and avoid capital gains tax on securities that have increased in value, provided you have owned them for one year.
Please alert us in advance by providing the donor name and contact information, stock name, symbol and number of shares you plan to donate, so that we can ensure that you receive a tax receipt and acknowledgement.
For more information, or to notify of us a pending transfer, please contact Anne Adams at email@example.com.
For stock transfers, please use the following information:
Account Name: USAGAINSTALZHEIMER'S
Tax ID Number: 45-0672514
Account Number: 816-03211
DTC Number: 8862
Michael.Ferranti@ml.com or 716-849-2108
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
50 Fountain Plaza Suite 1100
Buffalo, NY 14202
Donor Advised Funds
You can initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund – or DAF – directly to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s in three easy ways:
- Make a one-time gift. Contact your Donor Advised Fund administrator and recommend a one-time grant directly to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s.
- Create a recurring, monthly or quarterly gift. Initiating an automatic monthly or quarterly gift from your Donor Advised Fund is one of the easiest ways to support Us2A all year long.
- Create your legacy of helping people living with Alzheimer’s and dementia. You can name Us2A as a beneficiary of all or a portion of the funds remaining in your Donor Advised Fund after your lifetime.
When making your grant recommendation, please use the following information:
PO Box 34565
Washington, DC 20043
Tax ID#: 45-0672514
The Leadership Council
The Leadership Council is a group of donors who provide annual support and in return receive meaningful content and engagement driven benefits designed to engage donors in our work in a thoughtful way. The Leadership Council is designed to provide members with the highest-level access to those who are changing the course of Alzheimer’s disease and to the most up to date information and cutting-edge insight on advancements in research. Examples of benefits of membership in the Leadership Council include:
- High-End Engagement Opportunities
- Quarterly Chairman’s Briefing
- Access to Updates on the Drug Development Pipeline
- Premier Recognition at the Annual Trish Vradenburg Gala
- Online and Print Recognition
The Leadership Council will play a pivotal role in the future success of UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. By providing financial support and invaluable guidance, Leadership Council members ensure continued positive impact and change, powered by our work including breaking barriers to a cure.
For more information about the Leadership Council, please contact Tamara Turoff Keough at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.905.0946