Project Manager, Prevention
Project Manager Description
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who loves working collaboratively with people and systems to achieve big goals. Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Prevention at UsAgainstAlzheimer’s (UsA2), the Project Manager will provide project management and support for UsA2’s Brain Health Academy and a private sector initiative to advance brain health and healthy aging called Action for Healthy Aging. The job entails being responsible for (1) managing these projects against objectives and timelines; (2) developing, disseminating, and evaluating communications to stakeholders; and (3) representing UsA2 in a wide range of program-related meetings, conferences, presentations, and other public venues.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is an innovative and dynamic nonprofit organization engaged in a relentless pursuit to end Alzheimer’s, the sixth leading killer in America. Our work centers on prevention, early detection and diagnosis, and access to treatments, regardless of gender, race, or ethnicity. To achieve our mission, we give voice to patients and caregivers while partnering with government, scientists, the private sector, and allied organizations—the people who put the “Us” in UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. Learn more at www.usagainstalzheimers.org.
You are confident, self-directed, and proactive. You are organized and efficient. You can fly the plane while you are building it, gathering input and learning along the way. You love making connections among people and ideas and systems. You are motivated by progress and diligent about mapping and tracking progress to goals. You have a passion for justice and health and are dedicated to advancing equity and improving health outcomes. You are excited by new ways of thinking and doing and challenge yourself to think differently. You love ensuring the ”trains run on time” and understand the importance of project plans, evaluations, and communications. You have the humility to be driven by community and work for community. You have the energy and vision to join our team, understand our strategies, and get to work right away.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Program Planning and Implementation
- Manage and coordinate projects to ensure completion on time and within budget
- Work with proposal team to develop cost estimates and project plans
- Optimize project deliverables, schedule, and budgeting
- Organize and plan project tasks and schedules
- Apply organizational goals and strategies to ensure projects align with business priorities
- Keep the project team updated with reports and focused on the end goal
Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and key project participants
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration across teams to ensure projects are completed successfully
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely and effective manner in partnership with management
- Manage day-to-day interactions with partners and contractors to ensure progress against established workplans on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Manage logistics and communications associated with in-person and virtual events, such as meetings, teleconferences, and webinars
- Manage overall communications and partnership engagement including email newsletters, presentations, and events, with support from the UsA2 Communications team
Research and Policy
- Draft backgrounders, fact sheets, and briefs on various brain health and equity related issues as needed
- Work with programs and policy leadership to develop partnership mobilization strategies to advance issues, education priorities, and objectives
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of two years’ work experience in public health, healthcare program management, stakeholder engagement experience in healthcare, or health-related community mobilization
- Track record of effective project management, including in periods of high-work volumes and tight deadlines
- Experience developing program plans and managing against objectives and deadlines
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in using multiple communications platforms (e.g., social media) to advance organizational priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Geniality, thoughtfulness, tact, and diplomacy, especially in relationship building with external partners
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively among small teams, in a complex, fast-paced organization serving multiple stakeholders
- When safe and appropriate, willingness to travel as necessary
This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes 15 vacation days (initially), generous sick leave, standard holidays, a 401k retirement plan with 4% employer match, and a choice of medical plans covering all or a portion of health, vision, and dental insurance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note Prevention Program Manager in the subject line. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.