A-LIST Operating Principles
Patients and families transforming Alzheimer's research
- A-LIST is a diverse online community of people living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias* and caregivers who are committed to delivering their voices to develop a growing understanding of how Alzheimer’s affects people’s lives.
- A-LIST’s purpose is to generate for the field new insights into what matters most to those at risk for, living with, or caring for someone with Alzheimer’s.
- To achieve this purpose and assure its strategic growth, A-LIST has developed, in consultation with internal and external advisors, these Operating Principles that will guide A-LIST’s delivery of new research projects.
- At the core of these Operating Principles are: UsA2’s recognition of the essential contribution that members of the A-LIST are making to develop this new national resource; A-LIST’s commitment in return to conduct trustworthy research that is shared widely; and AD PACE’s organizing goal of advancing the understanding of Alzheimer’s and its effects on the lives of those affected by this devasting disease.
* Whenever the term ‘patient’ is used in the context of AD PACE, the term is intended to apply to persons living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias for whom being a ‘patient’ is one role and only one role among many that such individuals assume as they lead rich and complex lives. It is never intended to define the individual.