Chief Development Officer
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s and UsAgainstAlzheimer’s Action
UsA2 seeks a creative, agile leader to grow a high-performing fundraising department, lead and manage all fundraising efforts, solicit major gifts, and increase overall revenue. The CDO will design, lead, and orchestrate the implementation of a fundraising strategy and structure that supports the philanthropic growth and stability of the organization.
The CDO will lead a team of professionals focused primarily on major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations as well as event-based fundraising and potential government grants. In addition to strategy and management, the CDO will hold and develop a portfolio of donors and prospects and support Board fundraising.
The role includes the following key responsibilities:
- Lead and manage our small team of professional fundraisers and small number of fundraising vendors.
- Grow giving through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of the organization’s key current and future donors.
- Lead our events staff in the creation, planning, and execution of fundraising and stewardship events to further the organization’s development activities.
- Serve as liaison with and support to the UsA2 and UsA2 Action Boards of Directors on development and donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Direct digital/online fundraising efforts of a contracted agency, including strategy and execution of fundraising emails and other digital giving activities.
- Work with the UsA2 program team to leverage the organization’s innovative programs, initiatives, publications, and convenings for development.
- Lead a corporate development team in the expansion of our corporate partnerships, deepening and broadening our base of support.
- Create, launch, and expand a development program focused on foundations, to significantly expand support for our work on gender, racial, and ethnic disparities.
- Manage development operations, including the implementation of best-practice processes for research, cultivation, stewardship, and database management.
UsA2 seeks a professional with the following qualifications:
- Fundraising and leadership experience, including documented success setting a strategic course, executing against that path, and managing a wide array of development functions.
- Experience building, leading, and managing a fundraising team (corporate, events, individual giving, digital fundraising, etc.).
- Experience in successful solicitation of individual major donors and corporate and/or foundation donors.
- Knowledge of potential corporate, individual, and/or family foundation prospects in the health space generally; knowledge of the Alzheimer’s world preferred but not required.
- Experience in overseeing digital fundraising activities.
- Track record of reaching ambitious fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to be entrepreneurial and adaptive.
- Highly collaborative work style.
- Exemplary written and verbal skills.
- High degree of responsiveness to donors, colleagues, and partners.
- Ability to learn, then envision and tell UsA2’s story.
- Ability to consistently deliver on day-to-day objectives.
- Ability to travel for prospect meetings and events as needed.
This is a full-time, salaried position, commensurate with experience. The benefits package includes 15 vacation days the first year, generous sick leave, standard holidays, a 401k retirement plan with 4% employer match, and a choice of medical plans covering all or a portion of health, vision, and dental insurance.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with (1) your resume and (2) a cover letter describing your interest in UsA2’s mission and your experience relating to this position.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is an equal opportunity employer. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.