Every year, on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving, people everywhere observe Giving Tuesday – a global generosity movement during which millions of people give back and do good.
Giving Tuesday is an important moment for nonprofit organizations, as the money raised over the course of one day can comprise a significant portion of their budgets for the following year. Just a single day of successful fundraising can be a huge step to help terrific organizations do 365 days of good.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is no different. The generous Giving Tuesday contributions we have received in past years from our supporters have played a critical role in funding our fight to accelerate treatments and a cure for Alzheimer’s. The fact is, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s needs funding to do the work we do, and we need your help. We also want you to be assured that every single cent you donate will be put toward stopping this terrible disease. We can make this assurance because all of our overhead costs are covered by our chairman and co-founder, George Vradenburg.
When you contribute to UsAgainstAlzheimer’s on Giving Tuesday, or on any day of the year, your money helps us:
- Work to increase the speed, efficiency, and diversity of clinical trials;
- Mobilize our advocates to demand faster progress toward a cure from policymakers, healthcare systems, and the scientific community;
- Push for key national policies to accelerate a cure and support people living with Alzheimer’s and their families;
- Promote brain health to delay and even prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s for millions of people;
- Advance equity, access, and inclusion for communities of color in the fight to stop Alzheimer’s;
- Ensure the preferences of patients are included in drug development, regulatory, and Medicare decisions;
- And so, so much more.
This year, you can help UsAgainstAlzheimer’s reach our goals for Giving Tuesday on December 2 in several ways:
- Give! You can make a one-time, tax-deductible contribution to help fuel UsAgainstAlzheimer’s and our work by clicking here.
- Set up a Facebook Fundraiser for UsAgainstAlzheimer’s. This takes one click, less than five minutes, and is a great way to get your friends and family involved in the fight to stop Alzheimer’s.
- Send a letter to Congress. UsAgainstAlzheimer’s Action is asking Congress to support our Roadmap for America to Fight Alzheimer’s, and you can join us here.
- Tweet! Let your followers know you support UsAgainstAlzheimer’s this Giving Tuesday and that they should too. Click here to let your Twitter followers know that stopping Alzheimer’s is important to you.
UsAgainstAlzheimer’s brings all of us together to win the fight against Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. We’re so glad to have you on our team as we work to accelerate treatments and a cure for Alzheimer’s, and we hope that you’ll support UsAgainstAlzheimer’s this Giving Tuesday.