VeteransAgainstAlzheimer’s is a national network of military leaders, veterans service organizations, researchers, clinicians focused on raising awareness of the impact of Alzheimer’s and other dementias on active and retired service members.
- Raise the profile of Alzheimer's disease as an urgent health issue for veterans.
- Mobilize this community to demand the attention of industry leaders, community stakeholders and policymakers.
- Increase veteran participation in brain health initiatives and clinical trials.
- Improve support for family caregivers, relying on a culture of public service among active and retired service members and families.
- Create public-private partnerships between veterans, the government, corporate, philanthropic and scientific communities to address the needs and diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease.
- Through advocacy and awareness in the military community, we are confident we can be of service. We have developed a VeteransAgainstAlzheimer's Network dedicated to mitigating the impact on veterans' families facing this disease and improving the care and support of these veterans and their families.
Contact President, Shawn Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Executive Director, Virginia Biggar at email@example.com
- Concussions may speed up onset of Alzheimer's in at-risk people
- Veterans benefits for Alzheimer's and dementia
- Four key factors veterans need to know about Alzheimer's
- Early onset of Alzheimer's in veterans
- Military risk factors for Alzheimer's disease
- Alzheimer's Disease prevalence, costs, and prevention for military personnel and veterans
- National Center for PTSD