With rates of Alzheimer’s expected to nearly triple by 2050 and total costs of the disease projected to reach $1 trillion, UsAgainstAlzheimer’s is hosting a convening to confront the urgency that is needed to find solutions that prevent, slow or cure Alzheimer’s by 2020. To reach that goal, a new approach is needed, and the 2016 National Alzheimer’s Summit embodies UsAgainstAlzheimer’s unique advocacy model, powering philanthropy, revving up research, partnering with industry, engaging diverse audiences and energizing a bipartisan movement. The Summit, which will emphasize the voices of individuals living with Alzheimer’s and their care partners throughout, will also address inadequate investment in Alzheimer’s research, sluggish drug development, health system readiness and Alzheimer’s-related disparities among women and communities of color.
The Summit includes a kick-off reception, a full day of compelling and interactive panel discussions, and a Capitol Hill advocacy day. The Summit will feature a host of promiment speakers, including members of Congress, researchers, global industry leaders, individuals living with Alzheimer’s and dementia and their care partners.
2016 National Alzheimer’s Summit Resources:
- UsAgainstAlzheimer's Backgrounder
- 2016 National Alzheimer’s Summit Agenda
- 2016 National Alzheimer’s Summit Program Guide
- 2016 Out of the Shadows Dinner Program Guide
- 2016 National Alzheimer's Summit Briefing Guide
- 2016 National Alzheimer’s Summit Press Release
- 2016 National Alzheimer’s Summit Social Media Toolkit
- 2016 National Alzheimer's Summit Slide Deck
- Alzheimer's Party Brochure
- Hill Day Webinar Slides and Summary of Legislative Asks
- LatinosAgainstAlzheimer's Alzheimer's Impact Report (also see press release)
- ResearchersAgainstAlzheimer’s Phase III Pipeline Analysis
- ResearchersAgainstAlzheimer’s Phase II Analysis (also see press release)