Leaders Engaged on Alzheimer’s Disease (LEAD) was convened by the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America and USAgainstAlzheimer’s, two leading advocacy organizations, in February 2008 to bring together key stakeholders from the government, business and civic sectors to increase attention to and awareness of Alzheimer’s disease, its care, treatment, prevention, research and eventual cure.
Members of LEAD include:
- Abe’s Garden
- Assisted Living Federation of America
- Memory Enhancement Center of America, Inc.
Medical Research Organizations
Health and Science Policy Analysts
- Alliance for Aging Research
- Critical Path Institute and Coalition Against Major Diseases
- Institute of Medicine
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- Alzheimer's North Carolina
- Alzheimer's Tennessee
- Geoffrey Beene Foundation Alzheimer’s Initiative
- National Alliance for Caregiving
- National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities
- National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care
- National Council on Aging
- National Family Caregivers Association
- Project Lifesaver International
- Keep Memory Alive Foundation
- Latino Alzheimer’s and Memory Disorders Alliance
- Volunteers of America
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry
- American Association for Long Term Care Nursing
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Directors Association
- American Public Human Services Association
- Direct Care Alliance
- Gerontological Society of America
- Visiting Nurse Associations of America
- American Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Janssen Alzheimer Immunotherapy
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.