ActivistsAgainstAlzheimer's harnesses the energy of Alzheimer's Activists working in our communities and nationally to create a new approach to finding a cure and to build a movement that commits our nation to a bold and aggressive plan for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Challenge policymakers and the research community to move away from business as usual to collaborate, to innovate, and to forge ahead in new and previously unforeseen ways to reach for a cure.
- Spark a movement of engaged and enraged Activists who are no longer willing to sit back and wait but are called to action by a disease likely to impact more than eight million people in the next decade.
- Marshall an army of Activists in Washington and our communities, and throughout industry and the research community.
- Educate lawmakers and the general public about the prevalence of the disease and the resulting costs to our society.
- ActivistsAgainstAlzheimer’s will sound the alarm about Alzheimer’s disease as the greatest threat to our health and financial security in the 21st century and will generate a level of awareness, energy and research that will lead to the treatment and prevention of the disease. We aspire to create a bold movement that lifts this issue as far and fast as the battles against AIDS and the struggle for rights for the disabled. In the case of Alzheimer’s, 20 years is far too long given the looming growth of the disease and its terrible costs.
- We need to act now with urgency, creativity and commitment to prevent Alzheimer’s from devastating the lives of exponentially more families.
Statement of Beliefs
We are unified by a simple but bold belief: it is possible to prevent and effectively treat Alzheimer’s disease within the decade, but only if our nation is united and mobilized for action and has a clear goal and plan.
- Set an aggressive goal of and plan for curing Alzheimer’s disease by 2025, because it will focus the energies of the nation;
- Mobilize significant resources for Alzheimer’s disease research and innovation, because our commitment to cures must match the scale of the challenge;
- Institute reforms to accelerate the drug pipeline and deliver therapies in a timely, affordable and convenient manner to those with or at risk for the disease, because the ultimate goal of research is to bring help to those affected, and to prevent the disease from afflicting future generations.