Connecting with your network - friends, family and organizations in your community - about Alzheimer's disease is a great way to engage others in the fight.
One in three families is affected by Alzheimer's, and hearing your story will empower your friends and neighbors to get involved, too. Share your story of how Alzheimer's has affected your life and ask family and friends to do the same.
Together, we can show lawmakers and the world the terrible toll this disease takes on families.
How to Collect and Share Stories:
- Visit the USAgainstAlzheimer’s website and submit your story of how Alzheimer's has touched your life.
- Contact family, friends and others in your community and ask them to share their stories of how Alzheimer’s has affected their lives either through the USAgainstAlzheimer’s website or Facebook page or their own Facebook pages and Twitter accounts. A sample story sharing email follows, that you can customize.
- Are you part of an Alzheimer’s support group or other Alzheimer’s organization? Reach out to those in your local Alzheimer’s community and ask them to share their stories.
- Ask your Facebook friends and Twitter followers to share their stories of how Alzheimer’s has touched their lives. Below are sample posts that you can customize:
- I shared how #Alz has touched my life. Join me & share your story w/ @USAgainstAlz: http://bit.ly/1pezih5 #EndAlz
- I shared how Alzheimer’s has touched my life. Join me and share your story with USAgainstAlzheimer’s http://bit.ly/1pezih5
Need help or advice?
Sample Story Sharing Email
Dear [insert name],
Alzheimer's is more than just numbers – it's people: caregivers, families, individuals. But too often, our struggles are experienced in solitude and without recognition of the difficulties Alzheimer's brings.
We need to share our experiences in order to make a strong public case for an aggressive national effort to stop Alzheimer's. We can't wait any longer.
I shared how Alzheimer’s has touched my life. Join me and share your story with USAgainstAlzheimer’s. By sharing your story today, you will help bring us one step closer to stopping Alzheimer's.
[Insert your name]